Date: 17-21 December 2022 (level 1)
Date: 22-26 Februari 2023 (level 2)
Location: Arlberg & Montafon, Vorarlberg, Austria
This is your opportunity to leave the commercial ski areas behind and find beauty, solitude and untracked snow. The first day we start with an warming up tour. The second day we will hike into an anuninhabited valley where we will stay at a mountain hut for the next two days. The excellent cuisine in the mountain hut is 100% biological and reflects the close relationship with nature and mountain traditions.
All you need to know about skitouring / splitboarding will be explained in this course and you will experience all the benefits of touring. We will escape the crowds, get into nature, access unique terrain and ride the best powder. A small part of the course will be about avalanche safety technics.
During the winter touring is the only way to arrive the Alpine wilderness. This is why splitboarding and ski touring is becoming the new winter sport of choice. We are looking forwards to hike & ride together the best powder we’ll find!
- Day 1 Arrival at your accomodation in Austria 17:00h. dinner at 20:00h.
- Day 2 *Splitboard / skitour. During this day you will lurn or improve you touring skills
- Day 3* Check out from the accommodation. Spitboard / skitour. In the afternoon we hike to the mountain hut.
- Day 4* Tour from the mountain hut.
- Day 5* Tour from the ski area Golm or in Brandnertal. Departure is about 14h.
* The exact order and mountains we hike depending on weather and snow conditions.
- Beacon, shovel and probe. Can be rented during the course.
- Functional clothing, gloves, sunglasses and goggles.
- Airbag and helmet are recommended. Airbag can be rented during the course.
- Splitboard / tourski incl bindings, skins, crampons and poles. A compleet splitboard set can be rented during the cource.
Let us know in the booking formular if you need any equipment and we will help you out.
Level 1 beginner:
You should have experience in freeriding and being able to ride safe off-piste and control your board/Skis on black slopes. Also you should be able to hike for 2 till 4 hours a day, we take it easy and slow with breaks in between the hike.
Depending on the weather and snowconditions we start hiking from the valley or we first take a lift before we start hiking.
Level 2 advanced:
You should be able to ride safe off-piste and control your board/ skis on steeper slopes slopes. Also you should be able to hike for 2 till 5 hours a day, we take it easy and slow with breaks in between the hike.
Location level 2: Arlberg or serounding, depending on the snowconditions.
- level 1 €1095,–
- level 2 €1145,-
- 4 days guiding
- 4 days accomodation, 2 days in a great hotel and 2 days in a cozy mountain hut
- Half board
- Tour material,
- Safety gear
- Lunch & drinks
- Travel and cancellation insurance