Date: 8 – 12 January 2022
Location: Arlberg & Montafon, Vorarlberg, Austria
This is your opportunity to leave the commercial ski areas behind and find beauty, solitude and untracked snow. After two days we will hike into an anuninhabited valley where we will stay at a mountain hut for the next two days. The excellent cuisine in the mountain hut is 100% biological and reflects the close relationship with nature and mountain traditions.
All you need to know about splitboarding will be explained in this course and you will experience all the benefits of splitboarding. We will escape the crowds, get into nature, access unique terrain and ride the best powder. A small part of the course will be about avalanche safety technics.
During the winter touring is the only way to arrive the Alpine wilderness. This is why splitboarding and ski touring is becoming the new winter sport of choice. We are looking forwards to hike & ride together the best powder we’ll find!
- Day 1 Arrival at your accomodation in Austria.
- Day 2 *Splitboard / skitour from the Ski area into the backountry. During this day you will lurn or improve you touring skills
- Day 3* Check out from the accommodation. Tour in the Skiarea into the backcountry. In the afternoon we hike to the mountain hut.
- Day 4* Tour from the mountain hut.
- Day 5* Tour from the ski area Golm or in Brandnertal. Departure is about 14h.
* The exact order and mountains we hike will depend on weather and snow conditions.
- Beacon, shovel and probe is required and included in the Camp price.
- Functional clothing, gloves, sunglasses and goggles.
- Airbag and helmet are recommended. Airbag can be rented during the course for €20,- per day.
- Splitboard / tourski, skins, crampons and poles. A compleet splitboard set can be rented during the cource for €30,- per day.
Let us know in the booking formular if you need any equipment and we will help you out.
You should have experience in freeriding and being able to ride safe off-piste and control your board/Skis on black slopes.
- €720,- per person
- 4 days guiding
- 2 days accomodation in a mountain hut
- 2 days half-pension in mountain hut
- lift tickets
- Beacon, shovel and probe
exclusive: insurance, touring material, accommodation day 1 and day2, food & drinks
We recommend to book your accomodation for day 1 and day to in Bludenz or Montafon