The Avalanche Safety & Backcountry Freeride camps 2021/ 2022, were a great success, the footage says it all….!!!
Date: 12- 16 Dezember 2022 (level 1)
Date: 16 – 20 Januari 2023 (level 2)
Date: 18- 22 Februari 2023 (level 1)*
Lokation: Alrberg, Austria
The Avalanche Safety & Backountry Freeriding Camp consists of theory and practical lessons in avalanche safety and the use of safety equipment. In addition, we ride the best powder we can find in Arlberg for the ultimate backcountry experience.
The Arlberg area is the largest ski area in Austria and known as one of the best freeride areas in Europe. It offers over 200 km of freeride routes and is also a real ’schneeloch‘, which means an area with extreme amount of snowfall.
Avalanche safety training is like taking driving lessens before driving a car. If you want to know where the dangerous hotspots are, if you want to ride safe and save lives in case you have to, avalanche safety training is necessary!
Based on years of experience in extreme freeriding we offer theory with inputs from practical experiences. Fun is also not missed out: away from the busy slopes and hustle of commercial ski areas we will ride some great freeride lines.
The Camp is leaded by Irian Van Helfteren, Austrian ‚Staatlich Geprüfter Snowboardlehrer und Snowboardführer‘ /guide. We are looking forwards to hike & ride together the best freeride runs in Arlberg!
- Day 1 Arrival and dinner in the accomodation in Austria.
- Day 2 Riding powder, theory lessons about avalanche safety equipment.*
- Day 3 Ride and hike powder, practical lessons in avalanche safety.*
- Day 4 Ride and hike powder, practical lessons in avalanche safety.*
- Day 5 check-out after breakfest, riding powder, departure at 3pm.*
A maximum of 30 minutes hike will lead us to the best powder.
* The exact program will depend on the weather and snow conditions.
- Beacon, shovel and probe is required and included in the Camp price.
- Functional clothing, gloves, sunglasses and goggles.
- Airbag and helmet are recommended and the airbag can be rented during the course for €20,- per day.
Let us know in the booking formular if you need any equipment and we will help you out.
Level 1: You should have a little bit of experience in freeriding and being able to ride safe off-piste and control your board/Skis on black slopes. You have to be able to hike slowly for about 30 minutes in the mountains.
Level 2: You should have experience in freeriding and being able to ride safe off-piste and control your board/Skis on steeper slopes slopes. You have to be able to hike slowly for about 1 hours.
- *krokosholidays €1155,-
- 4 days of guiding
- 4 days accomodation (incl. sauna)
- 4 days half board
- avalanche safety training, theory and praktice exercises
- safety gear (can be rented during this camp)
- lift ticket
This camp is guided by Irian van Helfteren
This camp is also offered in collaboration with The Wildlinger
This camp takes place from a minimum of 4 participants