FREERIDING & EXPLORING GEORGIA
A paradise for those who like good powdersnow, beautiful big mountains and adventure. The locals are known for their hospitality and the nature for his wilderness and beauty. It is quickly and relative easy accesible from Europe.
This freeride trip brings us to Mestia and Ushgulli in the area of Svanetia.
Svanetia is considered as the most beautiful area of Georgia and is a ravishing UNESCO-listed region. It is the roof of Europe with several peaks over 5000m and villages over 2000m, covered in snow from November to April. Ushgulli is the most remote village from Georgia and is a through paradise itself.
There are two ski areas with modern lifts, great off pists possibilities and endless touring options.
Normaly there is hardly any wind, stable high presure weather with short and intensive precipitation periods. You find untouched snow even long after the previous snowfalls
Georgia is situated on the threshold between Europe and Asia. Only twelve years ago Georgia was positioned behind countries like Uganda in the annual corruption index. However, in 2018 it was placed clearly ahead of Italy, Croatia and Hungary. Georgia is a fast developing country.
If you’re an adventurous freerider that enjoys challenging terrain and exploring new places, this is the trip for you!
LIFT ACCESS FREERIDING & SPLITBOARDING
14-21 March 2021
- Day 1: Arrival in Kutaisi Transfer to Mestia (about 5 h ). Arrive, eat, sleep (if we can drive day one depends on the hour we arrive in Kutaisi)
- Day 2: Ski day at Tetnuldi Resort (about 40min drive) with the possibility for longer back country runs. If we have a lot of wind and snow tree-skiing at Hatsvali Resort
- Day 3: 2-3 hour adventures drive to Ushguli, small tour and siteseeing.
- Day 4-5: Two days of ski touring in Ushguli. Accommodations: local guest house with traditional food
- Day 6: Drive back to Mestia and Ski day Tetnuldi
- Day 7: Return back to Kutaissi Airport
- Day 7: Ski area or little tour
- Day 8-9: Touring to the brand new Cloud Base Hut with one overnight stay
- Day 10: Return to Kutaissi Airport
The exact order and mountains we ride, and accomodation we stay, will depend on weather and snow conditions!
The accommodations are simple traditional guesthouses, with very friendly hosts.
- 6 days guiding
- 7 days travel guidance
- Transport Usguli – Mestia and back
- local 4 wheel taxi driver who will bring us to our
- half board
- lift passes
Exclusive: Flight to Kutaisi, Touring equipment and drinks.
Photos from our last trip.
HELI SKIING GUDAURI
heli skiing is possible in Mestia with a Wucher (Austrian) helicopter.
Price on request
- 6 days unlimited heliskiing/boarding
- 6 days guide
- 7 nights full board 4 star hotel
- Transport from airport
- Safety equipment