Mestia and Usgulli, Svaventia, Georgia
If you are ready for adventure then this Camp is made for you. Georgia is a paradise for those who like good powdersnow, beautiful big mountains and new impressions. The locals are known for their hospitality and the nature for his wilderness and beauty. It is very different, but still relative easy accesible from Europe.
This freeride trip brings us to Mestia and Ushgulli in the area of Svanetia.
Svanetia is considered as the most beautiful area of Georgia and is a ravishing UNESCO-listed region. It is the roof of Europe with several peaks over 5000m and villages over 2000m, covered in snow from November to April. Ushgulli is the most remote village from Georgia and is a through paradise itself.
Nearby Mestia are two ski areas with modern lifts, fun off pists possibilities and endless touring options.
Normaly there is hardly any wind, stable high presure weather with short and intensive precipitation periods. You find untouched snow even long after the previous snowfalls
Georgia is situated on the threshold between Europe and Asia. Only twelve years ago Georgia was positioned behind countries like Uganda in the annual corruption index. However, in 2018 it was placed clearly ahead of Italy, Croatia and Hungary. Georgia is a fast developing country.
If you’re an adventurous freerider that enjoys challenging terrain and exploring new places, this is the trip for you!
- Day 1: Arrival in Kutaisi Transfer to Mestia (about 5 h ). Arrive, eat, sleep (if we can drive day one depends on the hour we arrive in Kutaisi)
- Day 2: Ski day at Tetnuldi Resort (about 40min drive) with the possibility for longer back country runs. If we have a lot of wind and snow tree-skiing at Hatsvali Resort
- Day 3: 2-3 hour adventures drive to Ushguli, small tour and siteseeing.
- Day 4-5: Two days of ski touring in Ushguli. Accomodation incl. half pension
- Day 7: Drive back to Mestia and Ski day Tetnuldi
- Day 8: Return back to Kutaissi Airport
The exact order and mountains we ride, and accommodation we stay, will depend on weather and snow conditions!
- €1750,- per person
- 6 days guiding
- 7 days accomodation
- 8 days travel guidance
- Transport Airport Kutaisi – Mestia and back
- 4 wheel taxi driver who will bring us to skiresorts and to Ushgulli
- lift passes
Exclusive: Flight to Kutaisi, insurance, touring equipment and drinks.
This camp is guided by Irian van Helfteren
This camp takes place from a minimum of 6 participants.
HELI SKIING GUDAURI
heli skiing is possible in Mestia with a Wucher (Austrian) helicopter.
Price on request
- 6 days unlimited heliskiing/boarding
- 6 days guide
- 7 nights full board 4 star hotel
- Transport from airport
- Safety equipment